• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Please Help!!!!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

needhelp314

What is the name of your state?

Missouri

At the beginning of the month I was arrested for destruction of private property, I broke a light globe street light in front of an apartment building; I was released without posting any bond or bail, they just let me go. It was my first arrest and I had nothing on my record prior to this. Recently this week, I was arrested again for DUI. My main concern is that the first arrest will affect this most recent one, even though I have not had hearings on either one of them as of yet. I am getting a private lawyer for the dui, but im thinking about just getting a public defender for the first arrest. If you have any suggestions or advice, it would be greatly appreciated!!! I am just trying to get through the worst month of my life!!!!What is the name of your state?

FlyingRon

If you can afford a private lawyer, they most likely aren't going to give you a public defender. A public defender is for people who are unable to pay for a lawyer, not those who are merely unwilling to pay.

Tell your DUI lawyer about the other offense. If he can't handle it, he will be able to refer you to someone else or give you advice.

garrula lingua

If both ofenses occurred in the same jurisdiction, they'll have both cases heard together.
Your atty can negotiate a disposition to both.

As the first case had not been resolved, and you were not on probation yet, there is no additional charge of Violation of Probation (although in some jurisdictions, when you commit another offense while on 'OR", your OR is revoked & bail is set at a higher level for both.)

Start going to AA meetings & get signatures from the manager showing you attended.
Be prepared to pay for the globe immediately.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">