• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

First OWI

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

makaveli717

What is the name of your state? indiana

i got pulled over the other night while going home the cop said he pulled me over because i cut him off when i was making a right turn. i dont think i had and that i had been pulled over cuz it was 330am and i was right by this bar and i had blew a .14 now i was wondering first should i even try to get a paid lawyer or should i get court appointed? also i heard if u attend AA and alcohol classes before your court date that your sentence might be lighter is that true? i would also appreciate any advice this is my first time being arrested and have never had a traffic ticket

seven53

i cut him off when i was making a right turn. i dont think i had
You probably did. The .14% may have clouded your driving ability.

should i even try to get a paid lawyer or should i get court appointed?
If you can AFFORD to pay for a lawyer, you are not eligible for court appointed defense

if u attend AA and alcohol classes before your court date that your sentence might be lighter is that true?
Depends on your court. It absolutely couldn't hurt.

BigMistakeFl

BigMistakeFl

If you can afford a lawyer, you probably won't qualify for the court appointed one. Getting started on the penalties, including classes etc, can be a plus to you in the long run.

You got caught..... that's pretty much it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">