• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

DUI First time CT

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jdurr

What is the name of your state? Connecticut

I was pulled over at 4:30am. I was in the process of driving a friend home and had not and would not be traveling more than a mile.

I blew a .129 and my court date is for the 16th. This is my first offense of any kind other than a seat belt ticket.

What should I do? Are the lawyers really worth it? Also, what are my chances of getting off without this showing up on my record? If it does show up on my record how long will it stay there for?

Thank you!

jdurr

I realized I may have left some important info out...

Also, my lights were off which is why I was suspected and I was not driving my own car, it was my friend's. I had not touched a drink in several hours but I had been drunk much earlier (I got back in a cab from the bar around 1).

My friend had a bowl in his middle compartment which was found (I had no idea), but I was not charged with paraphernalia or anything like that.

I am 22 years old.

sjmjuly

What is the name of your state? Connecticut

I was pulled over at 4:30am. I was in the process of driving a friend home and had not and would not be traveling more than a mile.

I blew a .129 and my court date is for the 16th. This is my first offense of any kind other than a seat belt ticket.

What should I do? Are the lawyers really worth it? Also, what are my chances of getting off without this showing up on my record? If it does show up on my record how long will it stay there for?

Thank you!

Get an attorney that specializes in DUI/DWI where you were arrested. And yes, they are worth it. Some judges won't see you unless you have hired one or have a public defender.
Chances of you getting off? Nil to none. You were clearly legally intoxicated (.129) Google DUI for your state and educate yourself about the laws and penalties for first time offenders. The police officer probably took you license when were arrested. I think your administrative suspension period is 90 days. If you are convicted, your license can and more than likely will be suspended again. You may be eligible for a restricted license that will allow you to drive to work/school and alcohol education classes.
If you state does not have a first time offender diversion program (I don't think CT does) you are looking at possible jail time (I think 48 hours is mandatory) a hefty fine, license suspension, attorney fees, possible probation & community service (which will cut any additional jail time) alcohol education classes and the conviction will show on your MVR which will make your car insurance go sky high.
The best thing to do now is educate yourself, get an attorney and don't drink and drive ever again. I know, I speak from experience. It's not worth it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">