• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

my P.O.S. car

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

lucky11

I bought a car in may 2000 in dec. 2000 i relized the contract i signed was a false contract. The milage that was on the car was lied about the car is acording to the contract soposed to be a protege LX instead it is a DX that is a $5,000 difference in price and the milage was lied about. The place i bought it from went out of business becuase the owner died, who is responsible to fix this problem. Would it fall on the people who financed my car or should it fall on the person who recieved the deceaced assets. thanks duane

L

lawrat

I am a law school graduate. What I offer is mere information, not to be construed as forming an attorney client relationship.

If the people who financed your car are independent of this dealer, then they have no responsibility.

As far as the contract you signed, you signed it -- didn't you know what type of car you were getting ? DX OR LX?

As far as mileage, what do you mean they lied? Didn't you check the spedometer before purchasing?

As far as this contract is concerned, you may not be able to sue for a number of reasons:
1. you had a responsibility to read the contract
2. If you purchased a used car "as is", you are out of luck.
3. Statute of limitations on your suit may be done anyway.

L

lucky11

this was my first car they never took me outside and looked at the milage and the contract isnt signed where the milage is on the contract. 2 they mailed me a copy of the contract a week later.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">