• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Household income on credit app

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ppn

What is the name of your state? FL

I bought a boat back in April and I really overextended myself with this. I'm always wanting toys, but I seem to get my self into financial trouble when I get them because I have no disposable income. My ex-wife and I are back together and plan on getting remarried within the year and I have been back living with her for the past 6 months. When we decided to get the boat, I applied for it and put our household income on the application, which i can prove through our joint tax return. Now, I have been talking to bankruptcy lawyers and they feel with all the other debt I have I would benefit from doing a chapter 13 bankruptcy and surrendering the boat. I'm scared that when I surrender the boat that they will investigate the credit app and press charges against me for misrepresentation on the credit app. Even though the income numbers are correct for my household. Will i go to jail for this???? I am really worried!!!! What could I expect from this!

Thank You,
Phil

racer72

Your problem is a civil, not a criminal matter. You can't be sent to jail for fudging a credit app.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">