• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Criminal Trespass II

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Roamer's Wife

What is the name of your state? Oregon

Yesterday my husband was in the Abiqua Basin Access Area. This land is a cooperative access program between Longview Fibre, Oregon Department of Fish and Wildlife Access and Habitat Program, and Capitol Chapter of Oregon Hunters Association. "All Oregon Department of Fish and Wildlife Regulations and Seasons Apply".

Access Allowed: "1 hour before Sunrise to 1 hour after Sunset"

All of that said, when he came back to the access road's main gate, it was shut and locked - at approximately 5:30pm. The sun didn't set until after 9pm last night. Today's offical sunset time is listed as 9:02pm for the Portland Metropolitan area.

He called the police, to request to have the gate opened. The sheriff eventually came, and opened the gate. He was sited on a form called "Oregon Uniform Fish/Wildlife Citation and Complaint" for the offense "Violated (cite ORS/ORD/rule) 164245. Description: Criminal Tresspass II". The time on the citation is listed as 8:30pm (still before sunset).

My husband has never been charged with anything before, and has a spotless record. His court date is 8/6/07. Our questions - do we need to get an attorney? What sort of sentence minimum/maximum is handed down for this sort of situation? What should we do to prepare for this court date?

Please help, he's really scared, as am I, and we're finding very little information on the internet.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">