• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Sister is threatening Mother with eviction

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Jbinc50

What is the name of your state? NC
Several years ago my sister talked my mother into selling her condo. (it was in both of their names) and put the proceeds 30K into a new house. Recently my sister for some reason has decided that the home my mother has lived in for over 10 years. (By the way the new house is in her and her husbands name) She needs to start paying rent to the tune of 900.00 a month. My mother cant afford that. She basically sent her a registered letter telling her that starting 30 days from now she will be expected to pay this and if she doesnt she will be evicted. Can she get away with this? And if she can is there any recourse for my mother to try and recoup any of the money she put in on the house from her sale of her condo? I feel this is Elder Abuse and she is only doing it because she cant control my mother. She expected my mother to be her maid, and caretaker for her daughter. I really need help here!What is the name of your state?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">