• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Asset protection from Medi-Cal

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lisavelazquez

What is the name of your state? California

My father needs to qualify for Medi-Cal to help pay for his nursing home rent. He has $88K in a trust account (mutual funds) with Smith Barney, in his name only (he is divorced). He relies on interest from this account to help pay his bills. Is there any way to transfer or reassign these funds to me so that he can qualify?What is the name of your state?

Just Blue

My father needs to qualify for Medi-Cal to help pay for his nursing home rent. He has $88K in a trust account (mutual funds) with Smith Barney, in his name only (he is divorced). He relies on interest from this account to help pay his bills. Is there any way to transfer or reassign these funds to me so that he can qualify?What is the name of your state?
You mean without committing fraud?? No!

BlondiePB

My father needs to qualify for Medi-Cal to help pay for his nursing home rent. He has $88K in a trust account (mutual funds) with Smith Barney, in his name only (he is divorced). He relies on interest from this account to help pay his bills. Is there any way to transfer or reassign these funds to me so that he can qualify?
Sorry, we don't assist posters with committing fraud which is a crime. Dad's money will be used up in about a year.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">