• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Texas DWI .085

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ej1t

Texas,
I was arrested last night and spent the night in jail after being pulled over for failure to yield leaving an applebees parking lot. After a sobriety test and a breathalyzer the state trooper arrested me and took me to jail. When I got to the detoxification room or whatever it is called I took another breathalyzer test and blew a .085 I was wondering what my possible consequences are. I have no previous convictions. Any information would be greatly apriciated.

JETX

I took another breathalyzer test and blew a .085 I was wondering what my possible consequences are.
Can't guess as to what might be POSSIBLE (as there are lots of possible outcomes)... but I can tell you what WILL happen.
1) You will have a criminal record.
2) You will have to spend lots of money on a defense attorney (unless you get one appointed for you).
3) Depending on your age, you could be facing suspension...

And for more, go to: http://criminal-law.freeadvice.com/drunk_driving/stopped-for-drunk-driving.htm

FlyingRon

..don't forget the DWI education program course.

Failure to yield leaving Applebees is much fore serious than the failure to yield leaving McDonalds.

Since you blew over .08 expect to get convicted. No other information is needed.

since you blew and were under .16 you license will be gone for 3 months, you can get a working driving permit.

You can "on average" expect $1000 in fines up front.

Legal fees will probably be $500-$5000, based on who you choose to go with, expect a flood of mail from lawers in the next 2 weeks.

6-18 months probation $25-$75 per month per visit to your PO. $40 Drug Test (I only got it once).

You will have to pay $1000 every year for the next 3 years to renew your drivers license.

You will have to take the MADD victims impact panel class $35?, 2-3 hours, not too bad.

The 12 hour DWI training course, usually like $60-$75

You will probably get 24-60 hours of community Service 40 is pretty standard.

good luck, make sure it doesn't happen again, it gets severly worse after the first one. (knock on wood)

Your insurance will go 1.5x-3X what it currently is.

ej1t

Will I have to do more jail? I was there for 12 hours. I understand there is a 72 hour conviction.

garrula lingua

Yes, 72 hours mandatory minimum jail time. Ask for credit for the time already served - you'll have to serve 3 days/72 hours (a second DUI is mandatory 30 days jail).

PS: see a criminal defense attorney.
Many .085s are offered lesser charges - don't be too fast to plead guilty.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">