• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

cancelled rental vehicle

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

judydantonio

I signed a rental agreement for a motor home on January 12, 2001,to be picked up in April 2001, and gave them a check for $1,000 down payment. I have stopped payment on the check January 17, 2001, after calling the town where the business is located and they informed me they have had major problems with this company. Also, checked with the better business bureau, they reported they had 13 claims against this company. Do you think this company will give me a hard time about stopping payment on this check? I did send them a letter explaining why I stopped payment via fax, mail and certified mail.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

judydantonio said:
I signed a rental agreement for a motor home on January 12, 2001,to be picked up in April 2001, and gave them a check for $1,000 down payment. I have stopped payment on the check January 17, 2001, after calling the town where the business is located and they informed me they have had major problems with this company. Also, checked with the better business bureau, they reported they had 13 claims against this company. Do you think this company will give me a hard time about stopping payment on this check? I did send them a letter explaining why I stopped payment via fax, mail and certified mail.
My response:

Only time will tell. Your question isn't "ripe" at this point.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">