• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Accepting stolen property and other charges that i dident do

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

silent765

What is the name of your state? ca

first ill start off telling you what happend REVISED

MOST OF THIS I KNOW IS BECAUSE I WAS IN THE SAME CELL AS freddy
every thing in bold i found out while in the cell with freddy

on July 4th 2007 freddy and his cousin kamajeet decided to steal 12-14 laptops from building 12 and so they did so kamajeet let freddy in the door with his security badge and then freddy stole the laptops while freddy was inside he called Paul to go load up the laptops in his company ford escape so Paul did.. now come to find out the laptops were in kamajeets car and then i go to jack n the box after the shift they follow and then freddy says here Chris here's 2 i said nah i don't want them and then i said OK.. then Paul took 3-4 then the day went on the next day was the 5th freddy tells us hes going back in to steal Tandberg conference room cameras to sell we said no your not so he try ed but didn't steal any then the next day 6th of July i was at home i was greeted buy a undercover officer he arrested me and while in the car with the officer no Miranda rights were red they started to interrogating me and asking me all these questions they took my house keys opened the door with out giving any consent then i just said check my room they ended up trashing my fathers room and my house with out a search warrant while in the car i was questioned by 3-4 officers while they were writing things down they continued to press me for information then i demand a lawyer and they said that's not gonna happen then i said I WANT MY LAWYER and then the officer gets out and another officer gets in the car and simply said no. then after i tell them there in a dumpster they finally read me my Miranda rights and now there going threw my car and my storage units in my laundry room so another officer comes in refuses to state his name and said listen here fat boy you better ****ing tell us where those laptops are i said there in a dumpster they said your ****ing lieing they took my cell phone answered my phone pretending to be me and texting on my phone pretended to be me and then the same officer gets in my face and says u like this fat boy and then he leaves and another officer comes in and we drive too nob hill Chinese food off of Santa Teresa and then they didn't find the laptops then the main officer comes in the car screaming at me saying **** YOU YOUR A ****ING LIAR and i said no sir they are there after some more witty insults from the officer i was taken to another officers car which was a new Volvo car then taken to booking luckily the nice officer at booking let me get 2 phone calls and then after those 2 calls i called my brother to have the guy who got them out of the trash to give them to him to bring down so they could have the laptops back which that's what happened

these are the charges there getting me for
F PC 503
F PC 496
F PC 182(A)(1)
MP PC 135

i think i should just get accepting stolen property please any one with advise please let me know

Last edited:

JETX

these are the charges there getting me for
F PC 503
F PC 496
F PC 182(A)(1)
MP PC 135
So, lets look at what those charges are:

PC 503: Embezzlement:
503. Embezzlement is the fraudulent appropriation of property by a person to whom it has been intrusted.

PC 496: Need to know the SUBSECTION to determine the actual charge.

PC 182(A)(1): Conspiracy
182. (a) If two or more persons conspire:
(1) To commit any crime.

PC 135: Falsifying evidence
135. Every person who, knowing that any book, paper, record, instrument in writing, or other matter or thing, is about to be produced in evidence upon any trial, inquiry, or investigation whatever, authorized by law, willfully destroys or conceals the same, with intent thereby to prevent it from being produced, is guilty of a misdemeanor.

i think i should just get accepting stolen property please any one with advise please let me know
Let you know what?? That you are in a heap of trouble?? Of course, you already know that. Get a GOOD defense attorney... you are going to need one.
BTW... from your post, it appears that you are in fact guilty of one or all of the above (depending on the FULL facts).

Last edited:

silent765

So, lets look at what those charges are:

503. Embezzlement is the fraudulent appropriation of property by a person to whom it has been intrusted.

PC 496: Need to know the SUBSECTION to determine the actual charge.

(1) To commit any crime.

PC 135: Falsifying evidence
135. Every person who, knowing that any book, paper, record, instrument in writing, or other matter or thing, is about to be produced in evidence upon any trial, inquiry, or investigation whatever, authorized by law, willfully destroys or conceals the same, with intent thereby to prevent it from being produced, is guilty of a misdemeanor

(1) To commit any crime.

I dident commit a crime i just accepted the 2 laptops

i dident take the items i just accepted them from the guy who took them

Ozark_Sophist

You entered the criminal conspiracy when you accepted the stolen property with intent to sell. You attempted to destroy evidence by throwing the stolen property away.

CdwJava

silent765 said:
i dident take the items i just accepted them from the guy who took them
Which is a crime pursuant to PC 496. Apparently the police feel they have enough to consider you an accomplice to the crime hence the conspiracy and embezzlement charges ... and, if it is embezzlement, the laptops were either in a place or business that he or you, or one of your cohorts, had access to or care and control of.

how screwd am i?
You are SERIOUSLY screwed!

These are SERIOUS felonies! Contact an attorney ASAP!!!

- Carl

silent765

yes he stole them from the work we worked at but i dident know they were stolen untill he showed me all of them and said here take tthese i said nah but then i fell in and took 2

i contaCTED attorney i meet with him tomarro at 4

what do u think will happen to me

first timer
no priors
not a thug or anything
have full time job and work at community centers

JETX

full story updated
It was bad enough having to read your almost illiterate attempt at a post the first time... why in the hell would anyone go back and get a headache trying to figure out what you are trying to say.
You are still just as guilty as your first post indicated.

CdwJava

You face the potential of multiple felonies and prison time. What will happen will depend on the strength of the case against you and the DA's desire and willingness to work a plea with you - likely to roll over on your friend. If you are unwilling to work out a plea deal that includes tesifying against your friend, you will have to ask yourself whether your friend might decide to throw YOU under the bus.

Talk to that attorney ASAP and DO NOT talk to anyone else about the case.

- Carl

CdwJava

renaissanceIX said:
Isn't that "guilt by association?"
Uh ... no. Did you read the ORIGINAL post? Before editing? As I recall the OP admitted to knowingly accepting stolen property and apparently agreed to try and re-sell it per his original post (before editing).

Examples of guilt by association....

Hitler was a vegetarian, and Hitler was evil. Therefore all vegetarians must be evil.
Bill Clinton is a Democrat. Clinton was unfaithful to his spouse. Therefore all Democrats are unfaithful to their spouses.
Those are NOT examples of "guilt by association" - they are examples of a fallacious inference.

- Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">