• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

always on call

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

N

nicely toasted

I"m in Minnesota. I'm in sales but work on a salary. I"m on call 24/7 which means I can't have a drink or two if I felt like it, nor can I leave town. I work for an international Co. and other people in my position are not on call 24/7 "The Question" does the Company have to pay me for all those hours of being on call?

B

buddy2bear

On-call pay is usually covered in a union contract. If you are not union, then that is up to what you negotiated with the company in the event the company does not offer on-call pay. Some companies offer it and some don't. So, are you "penalized" for not answering x number times?

N

nicely toasted

not union

no, I"m not union, and hourly people are paid for being on call. If I don't pull the "on call" I guess they would replace me.I"ve been reading and there is a thing called "sleeper pay" where they should have to pay me at least mim wage. If this were true, and I went back just 10 years, that could amount to a few bucks..

B

buddy2bear

Most of the time, "they" would work out a deal to only go back 2 years. However, I am not sure what "sleeper pay" is unless it only involves firemen and "essential" personnel, which you, obviously, would not qualify under. You could call your State's wage & hour division and ask them for an opinion.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">