• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Mother needs Help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

exkim2

Michigan Mother, falsely accused, Needs Help

My name is Kimberly Ann Eldridge and I need help! On April 9th 2007 My Husband (Kevin Eldridge) went to work at 2:30p.m. At approx 3:00p.m. My four daughters Morgan, Jamie, Adrianne and Tayler and I went to a little Amish store called the Surrey Store to buy some groceries. The Surrey Store is a discount food store of bent and dented food. Morgan, my oldest daughter upset me in the store by yelling at Tayler, my youngest about twirling in the aisles. I told Morgan that I was here and I could take care of this, she got mad at me for telling her this and quit talking to me for awhile. We bought $90.13 worth of food. My children and I then checked out at 3:57 p.m. drove down surrey road to my mothers house approx. 2.7 miles away. My mother Bonnie takes care of her elderly father (Daniel) at her home. When we stopped she was asleep on the couch and grandpa was sleeping in his room, knowing that mom does not get that much sleep we got back into the vehicle and went home. Approx 8 miles away towards the south. When we got home Jamie carried the milk in, Morgan carried one box of food and I carried the other box of food inside our house. We all helped take care of the groceries, then the girls decided to argue some more about stupid things, places to sit, what they were going to watch, who had the remote, and so on. So I told them that instead of relaxing and doing nothing the rest of the day (Since they all cleaned there room that morning, Tacos and a movie was scheduled) they were going to help me with laundry. So I proceeded to switch the laundry that I had washed earlier to the drier, I started another load of laundry, and folded the clothes that I just took out of the drier. When that was all done I called the girls back to my room to take care of there laundry. None of the girls argued about this, because they were already sore about the movie. After that was all done, I told they girls that I would be right back, that I was going to run to the hardware for a phone line that would reach the computer for the internet. Morgan said that she would watch the other girls (Morgan was 13 at the time) for me and that they would not fight amongst themselves while I was gone. So I left my house and I went down to the corner (if I turned left I went into Clare where the hardware was open, if I turned right I went towards Beaverton) by habit and thinking of the girls I turned right. That is the way I always went for almost everything. I realized that I turned the wrong way, so I decided to go to Mandy_s house and borrow some movies. I_m a softy and push over when it comes to my children. Mandy is my cousin and lives approx 11.2 miles from my house. When I got to her house, Butch (her father) and Steve (her husband) met me on the porch, they were going out and I was going in. When I went in Mandy laughed at me because I was wearing shorts and a long sleeve black shirt and it was not that warm out yet. I asked her if I could borrow a couple of movies and she said go ahead and look. I looked at her movies and picked out Dumbo and Bambi. David, Mandy_s brother sat in the chair in the corner and asked me if I seen a couple of other movies ( I do not remember which ones), I told him that I had not seen them yet. Mandy said that she had got the new movie Barn Yard that the girls would probably like. I asked if I could borrow that one also, She said yes and looked for the movie and got it for me. I said my good byes and told David to have a safe trip (He is a truck driver) and that I would see him soon. I left Mandy_s house and proceeded to go home.
Approx half the way home at 5:25 p.m. I got pulled over by a State officer Anthony, He asked were I was coming from and for all my information, I gave him my license, proof of insurance, and registration. He told me the reason for the traffic stop was because I vaguely matched the description of a (single white female in a red van) suspect to an incident in Clare County , but my plate was not close to the suspect vehicles plate. He asked me if I was shopping earlier in the day and I said Yes. He asked where and I told him the Surrey Store. He asked me where that was and what it was, I told him a grocery store on Surrey road. He asked me how long ago I was there and I said a couple of hours ago. (I did not keep track of the clock every time I left that day, so I was just thinking it was a while ago). He asked my knowledge of the store and I told him that I was a regular and they know me there. I asked if it was the Surrey Store and he said that it was not. I told him that I was glad because they are nice people there. He asked me if I was going to be at home for the rest of the evening and I told him that I would be. He gave my information back to me and I left. I went down the road a little ways and pulled into Devin_s house ( one of my girls friends and school bus pickup place). Devin asked what was going on and I told him, he gave me Tayler_s coat that she had forgotten there and I proceeded home.
At approx. 1:30 - 2:00 a.m. I was awoke by a bull horn saying Kimberly Eldridge will you please step outside, there were spotlights shinning on the house. I got out of bed, went to the door and went out. The officer on the bull horn told me to turn around and walk backwards out to the end of the drive, which I did. At that point I noticed S.W.A.T. all over the place with guns and all I could think about was my girls. At that point the had me get down on the ground and put my hands behind my back, someone put zip strips on my wrist, and then they led me to the back of a police car. Then they had my husband do the same. They put him in another car. The girls were all alone with all those cops with guns and no one there to keep them safe. Jamie or Morgan called Grandma Bonnie and had her come and get the girls. The police did not even want to allow Adrianne to put pants on before she went out in the chilly night air. But someone let her get her pants on. My mother showed up and took the girls. While I was in the back of the police car, a Det. Mcclellan came into the car and started explaining that he was going to read me my rights, search my house for evidence and take me to jail. He said everything would go better if I cooperated with him, I told him that I was cooperating and that this was a mistake. He said that all I was doing was making this all harder on me. He never read me my rights in the car. After a little bit the officer in the car drove me to the Clare County Jail and had me wait for the Detective to get there.
I was then questioned about an armed robbery, told to cooperate, had my rights read, and then put in jail. I spent 16 days in jail before my family could get me out. My bond was set at $100,000.00 with no 10%. After the Virginia tech shooting, my chances of getting my bond reduced became not possible. But my court appointed attorney did manage to get me out, by putting a GPS Tether on me and then the judge let my bond have the 10%. That was April 25, 2007 today is June 30th 2007, and I was told that I should find a competent attorney or my chances are 50/50, this by an FBI Agent I called in frustration, after finding out that an attorney would cost me a $10,000.00 retainer, one said that he would drop it down to $7,500.00. I am a stay at home mother of four children (working and child care did not go together that well). My husband has a good job, but we only just get by.
This is what the police say that I did, I shopped at the store, then went back an hour later and robbed them with a gun. Then on my way home after robbing the place, I got pulled over then.

My finger prints were not there, My plate does not match, The hand witting analysis says it could have been mine, but it was distorted and may preclude an identification or elimination of any writer. The paper did not match paper from my house.

I have got copies of everything done to my case and have tried to make sense of it all. I have cooperated fully with anyone trying to help with this matter, I am fighting the fight of my life, and the well being of the children and husband. I do have the funds to hire an attorney, but I do need one that will fight for me and my family. If the truth can come out and the matter resolved I have been told by everyone that I should sue, I do not know the proceedings for that. But that door is very much open. I can make payments when this tether is off my ankle, but until then $510.00 a month goes to that. My family has lost there house (We only rented, but my land lord kept the house open for us until June 20th 2007), we now all live with my sister. I could not afford rent and the tether payment and still feed my children. My children are all displaced, but handling everything the best they can.

I am begging for someone to help me and I promise I will make it right with who ever does help, even if it takes my taxes and all extra money from now until eternity to pay back. I do hope justice will prevail. My children think that all cops are out to get them and that the laws that were there to protect them are failing them. I keep telling them that the truth will come out, but this keeps going and going and my attorney is only passing the paperwork along and not explaining anything to me. People told me court appointed attorneys only do what they have to and don_t fight for you. I now believe them.

Thank you for reading all of this and I hope someone out there will have the heart to help me. I have run out of options. Please email me any suggestions or whether you can help. [email protected]

Last edited:

>Charlotte<

Lurker
First, you should know that most posters, by the time they get to the part where Mandy is recommending Barn Yard for your kids, are going to realize they still don't know where in the hell you're going with this and they're going to give up and move on. I strongly recommend you edit your post and remove any information that isn't to the point. We really don't need to know every little detail of the argument your kids were having, or that your mother takes care of your grandfather, or that you were supposed to have tacos for dinner, etc.

Secondly, you were arrested and charged because the evidence indicates you are a suspect. A store was robbed by a person in a red mini van, twenty minutes later you were pulled over in a red mini van, and you were identified via a photo lineup. If you are innocent, that's up to the trial to determine.

Its sounds like the arrest was traumatic for you, but I can tell you that that is a classic, by-the-book felony arrest procedure.

Coleman woman arrested for Surrey Discount Foods robbery

Kimberly Ann Eldridge, 33, of Coleman was arrested on Tuesday for allegedly robbing Surrey Discount Foods east of Clare.

Police said Eldridge went into the Sheridan Township store a little after 5 p.m. on Monday, put a note on the counter demanding an unspecified sum of money and showed the butt end of a gun to the owner and employee at the counter.

Eldridge then allegedly left the store with the money in a red mini van.
Gladwin Michigan Sate Police troopers stopped a red mini van about 20 minutes later, police said, and placed the female driver in a photo line up, where she was identified by both witnesses as the person who committed the crime.

Eldridge was charged with armed robbery and felony firearm, police said.

>Charlotte<

Lurker
I also want to say that it looks like you're here looking for representation, and that's not what this site is for. I'm sure you would appreciate any comments as to the legal aspects of your story (and you'll no doubt get that) but if you're hoping to find a lawyer here to take your case, that's not going to happen. Just wanted to let you know.

In my opinion, that long-winded story of yours sounds like you're trying out your "alibi" on us to see how it will fly in court. I'm not even trained in this sort of thing and I can spot five things that are, to me, obvious indicators that you're lying. And, no, I'm not going to tell you what they are so you can tweak your story to make it sound better. My point is that an experienced prosecutor will be able to poke even more holes in it.

You need the best lawyer you can come up with. If there is no absolutely no way you can afford a lawyer you're going to have to settle for your court-appointed lawyer, and you need to do whatever is necessary to help him present your defense to the best of his ability.

I'll bet $100 this is going to end in a plea bargain.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">