• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

defective paint on new vehicle

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

kecolli

purchased new vehicle in Ohio. 1 1/2 weeks later find found paint to be defective after having car paint and rust protected. Thought protection place damaged car. They stated paint defective. Dealership Repair manager agreed dirt must have gotten underneath paint. repair manager and sales manager recommended nothing be done. I paid over 25K for vehicle want a good paint job. called maker of vehicle they stated if repaired will lose warranty. Dealership stated wants to know what will make me happy. told them my paint corrected but don't want to have done due to what I was told by maker and dealership. The only alternative I see is a new vehicle or money back. dealership stated that the vehicle would not be brought back by the dealship or maker. I have documented everything. I feel I have a real good chance of winning an arbitration. Basically I would prefer my money back at this point. would not recommend this make of car to anyone due to the fact that it seems they don't want to stand behind their vehicle or workmanship. I would settle for different vehicle but not a new paint job due to the adivce of the dealership stating
I wouldn't mess the the factory finish. Help !!!!!!

L

lawrat

I am a law school graduate. What I offer is mere information, not to be construed as forming an attorney client relationship.

Sounds like you have a good case of arbitration. You expect a new car -- to be in condition it was supposed to be in. They wouldn't cure the dilemna and didn't negotiate in good faith with you, I think you SHOULD take it to arbitration. A bad paint job severly diminishes the resale value and you shouldn't have to bear that burden.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">