• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Federal charges and state charges?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

catskinner

What is the name of your state? These charges are from an Idaho violation.

I had to leave some equipment in the national forest because of a huge snow storm. My partner and I went back on snowmobile to retieve the equipment but due to avalanch dangers we had to abandon it. Before we could get back to the area Idaho Fish and Game found some of the equipment and picked it up. We were in violation of the state trapping laws for having traps there after the season ended. No problem with that we expected to be ticketed for that, as it was not worth risking our lives over a ticket that should be under $300.

But then the U.S. Forest Service got involved somehow and issued us tickets for littering amoung other things, three tickets in all.

Now my question is: being that this is all related to one incident, can the State prosecute us as well as the Federal government?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">