• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need last minute help please!! confused!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jdurr

State: Connecticut
BAC: .129 & this is my first offense

I have to appear at the court house tomorrow but I am very confused. This court date was the one on the sheet when I was originally arrested (that I received at the police station).

I see that CT has a pre-trial alcohol education program but does that mean I have to have applied already?? If I was supposed to already have applied already can I still get into the program? If so, how?
Here's the form: http://www.jud2.ct.gov/webforms/forms/cr044.pdf

Also, what is the best strategy to take with the judge - admit my wrong doing and ask to be accepted into the program?

Thank you so much for the advice I am extremely grateful.

- J. DurrWhat is the name of your state?

MikeKV

Ok, why are you asking for advice the night before your court date? Many judges will be looking for true (not fake) remorse and showing that you're trying to better yourself and by you asking how to enter a program the night before a court date isn't going to help your case. If you had asked this several days or weeks ago you could have gone to court tomorrow telling the judge that you are at least signed up if not attended a few classes.

You need to show initiative and sign up for the course yourself. I would assume most judges would expect the same.

Thoughts?

Last edited:

BigMistakeFl

BigMistakeFl

Yeah; you should have started this before now. Still, get a ride to the office and sign up for these immediately. In my state, that is done in the probation office. These fill up regularly, DUI being as popular as it is and all. You'll likely get on the wait list or receive an appointment sometime in the future. At least you can present these and say that you have taken those steps. Also, you may want to get on the list for any DUI classes and the MADD Impact Panel (if these are required in your state) as these fill up quickly too.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">