• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Internet law question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

doug02346

What is the name of your state? Massachusetts

Hi All,

There is someone sending encrypted emails at my company. They are doing it from the Public computers in the Cafe, so there is no log-on process. I suspect they are sending confidential company information. If they are, is there a state or federal law they can be charged with? What are the sentences? Any suggections on how to catch him or her?

Thanks.

racer72

Unless your company is doing work for a governement entity, email use and misuse is strictly ruled by company policy, not state or federal law. Either contact your company HR or hire a private investigator.

BoredAtty

I suspect they are sending confidential company information. If they are, is there a state or federal law they can be charged with?
Ignore the fact that email was used. Sending somebody confidential company information could lead the civil or criminal liability depending on the facts.

The only advice I have at this point is to report it to your boss or security, and let them take it from there.

xylene

They are doing it from the Public computers in the Cafe, so there is no log-on process.
That is about the two stupidest things I have ever read.

Unsecured, unmonitored computers on the company network.

You must be retarded.

Remove the computers from the cafe for maximum safety or require employee login (less safe but better than your current gaping security breech.)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">