• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Homeowner Laws in Indiana

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

dawso008

Can anyone help me find out about Indiana Homeowner laws? I need to specifically know if an inground pool is considered to be part of the "home" covered in the law. Any help or guidance is appreciated.

Thanks

D

David J. Miller

Your question is pretty broad as the "law" is pretty broad. It may be easier to assist if you elaborate on the specific details of your situation.

D

dawso008

David J. Miller said:
Your question is pretty broad as the "law" is pretty broad. It may be easier to assist if you elaborate on the specific details of your situation.
Thanks. Please see my thread under the same "contract" section. Bottom line: I hired a small business man (pool company) to fix a leak in our skimmer in our inground pool. It wasn't fixed - we had already paid him the bill in full (over $2K). We questioned whether he had fixed the pool before we closed it for the year. He said he gave us his word it was fixed, but refused to give us a guarantee either verbal or in writing. During our Small Claims hearing, the judge magistrate indicated that he thought the business owner may be breaking a law by not providing a guarantee on his work, and promised to look into it. He didn't. Long story - the Judge didn't even review all the evidence. Anyway, I am researching to find out if the business was in violation of any homeowner laws in the fact that he doesn't ever guarantee his work when he works on inground pools. He admitted this to the Judge.
Thank you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">