• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Paychecks withheld

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

saxbear

Back in June, my company gave me a $2000 advance against a bonus I was to receive in December. The promisory note and what I was told was that I would be given an amount to match what was given in June. In December, I was given a bonus far less than what I was promised. My boss has now told me that they will withhold my last two paychecks (I have given two weeks notice). My new agreement prior to this was to pay $100 per pay and I assumed that I would have to continue to send in a personal check for this money. I can not afford to pay $2000 within two weeks. I have made an offer to work part time for the company to pay back the money, which they have not accepted. Can they legally withhold by last two checks from me?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">