• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

medi-cal poa

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

wolfdale

What is the name of your state?
California
i have a durable poa for 84 year old mother in law. In skilled nf and needs to go to custodial care. My attorney says I need special poa for medi-cal planning. Current poa says we are authorized to deal with medicare/medical and other government benefits and programs. Why would I have to have a special poa. Mother in law may not have the mental capacity left to sign another. We are trying to reposition assets. Is the attorney just trying to get larger fee for filing for conservertor status?

BlondiePB

What is the name of your state?
California
i have a durable poa for 84 year old mother in law. In skilled nf and needs to go to custodial care. My attorney says I need special poa for medi-cal planning. Current poa says we are authorized to deal with medicare/medical and other government benefits and programs. Why would I have to have a special poa. Mother in law may not have the mental capacity left to sign another. We are trying to reposition assets. Is the attorney just trying to get larger fee for filing for conservertor status?
It's too late to change MIL's assests. We don't assist posters with committing fraud.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">