• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Hawaii DUI Questions

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

stangman5682

Four years ago while I was stationed in Hawaii I plead guilty and was convicted of a DUI in Hawaii. I have since moved back to my home state Texas and I am trying to apply to be a police officer. On the application it says I can not be convicted of a Class B misdomeanor in the past ten years... and my question is, what class misdomeanor is a DUI conviction in Hawaii? and do they even have a class system? The other question is will it show up in my record, because supposedly Hawaii told the Texas Department of Public Safety (DMV basically) that my liscense was suspended but that never happened, so is anything on my record at all?

msiron

Even if you're DL was not suspended, Texas is going to ask you if you have 'ever' been arrested ever. They will get the records and do complete background checks, and most probably polygraph. You lie, you will get caught. You have to tell the truth. Cops shouldn't start out lying.

A class b in Hawaii is 1st DUI offense, 2nd and 3rd are Class A

And the Texas app might mean what Texas considers a class 'B' mis. not Hawaii?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">