• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

bad attonery

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

je92646

jamie ca o.k. i get charged with adui i go to court with an attonery i pleade guilty i get 20 days caltrans also 3 month dui calsses and 6 aa meetings and one madd meeting ok. so he fails to tell me i also get charged with bidily injury to who now i lost my lic for 1 year do i fight this in the police report it is noe consistant with the facts what to do?????

CdwJava

You plead guilty ... you stood up in court and allocuted to the offenses and admitted them ... it is next to impossible to then go back and say you didn't mean it!

Oh, and your license can be suspended for a DUI even without bodily injury. If there was bodily injury, you could have been charged with a felony and gone to prison - consider yourself lucky.

The flip side is that you get the plea dismissed, you go to trial, and you get found guilty and go to prison. Oops!

Oh, and yes, that happens. I know a guy who shot a cop - a friend of mine. he got 15 years and appealed because he wasn't permitted to bring his post-traumatic stress disorder in as a defense. So, he got his retrial ... guilty and a new sentence of 35 to life! oops!

Be careful what you ask for ... you just might get it.

- Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">