• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Reverse Discrimination!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

leehigirl

I am an educated professional person with an excellent background in my field. I was hired to work in Atlanta after applying from another state. Until my firing, I had become the only white in a large department. I was not trained to the complicated gov. computer program "one on one" as the other blacks in my same position were. I was
given verbal instructions and treated rudely and impatiently from my black supervisor from the beginning. I had been reprimanded for one job that hadn't completed properly. After that time I did do it correctly. When that was no longer a reason, the sup. sabotaged my work and found new trumped up reasons to fire me. I was there almost 6 months. 3 weeks before I was fired, the upper management gave me a nice bonus. I'm just listing a few of the things that show my firing wasn't due to incompetence, but that I was set up without training for the complicated computer program that involved many steps and classifications. I went to the EEOC where my investigator was (another) black female. She was abrupt and obviously unsympathic. I was told I had to prove another worker (black) in my same position, was treated differently than me in that she made worse mistakes and is still there. I have done that and sent the information back to her at the EEOC. I also have 2 good black friends who will witness. They had worked there with me. My question...is it time for me to consult an attorney? I was told to file first. I am "up a creek without a paddle" as I moved here and now have no job.

A

alalaw

You should contact an attorney who specializes in employment law. Keep in mind, however, you only have 180 days (in most states) to file an EEOC Charge of Discrimination under Title VII for race discrimination and retaliation. If you cannot find an attorney right a way, go to your local EEOC office and file a charge. You can always amend it later. The company you worked for much have at least 15 employees. Good luck!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">