• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

false identification question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

helpmeout1

What is the name of your state? ca

(i know this is a cross-forum double post but i am freaking out)

last night, i got my id taken away at a concert..i can deal with that, but the scary thing is that i also bought my tix to the show i was seeing last night with a credit card with my name..and my id has my name on it.

what are the chances that the club checks the fakes they got against the list of people who bought tix? you think they're coming after me, or is it once i'm gone and not arrested im ok to go? they didn't ask for my credit card when i picked up the tickets--so im wondering if they have my info on file or if just the ticket company (ticketmaster, etc) does.

the name on the fake is the same as the name on the credit card, though the address on that is not the same as my real one. the bouncer told me to sell my ticket to someone, because he wasn't going to let me in...but i was not arrested nor were the police called on me. he let in some girls who he took fakes away from..how does that work?

thoughts?

CdwJava

Unless the credit card is rejected, they will have no reason to check the ticket purchases against the name.

- Carl

helpmeout1

i mean, im worried that the venue will look through the ids that they confiscated and run them all against the list of tickets purchased with credit cards to see if there is a match.

i know the transaction went through, but im worried that they're looking at the name of the id and checking it against the list of tickets sold at will call and will see that the name on both match and will track me down.

would they go through all that hassle?

i had an epiphany throughout--why? is it worth throwing things away just to have a beer? worth throwing away going to college and getting a decent job?

too late, i know..but it's not a nice feeling.

Some Random Guy

No they will not go through the hassle. It wastes their time and does them no good.

Tell me how tracking you down will make them money. It won't? Well then its not going to happen.

helpmeout1

To prove a point that the city/state is serious on cracking down on it? What is the statute of limitations on this sort of thing?

CdwJava

Presenting false ID in order to get into a place where alcohol is served is generally a misdemeanor - therefore, they have one year to file.

- Carl

BigMistakeFl

BigMistakeFl

I think you're giving the bar staff more credit than they deserve. They bounced people at the door, mixed drinks, cleaned up and went home. That's pretty much everything, and it's now history. Relax.

CdwJava

helpmeout1 said:
how does that work if i wasn't detained on-site?
It probably wouldn't.

You asked about the SOL - not about the likelihood of prosecution. I doubt it will be reported to the police, and even if it were, the chances of this being prosecuted are extremely slim.

- Carl

helpmeout1

thanks--I've more than learned my lesson. I freaked out all last night and all of today--and am still on edge.

I'm just going to wait 5 months and not test it.

helpmeout1

im still worrying about this...especially after reading about the guy who got caught when the cops went through the trash.

can they still contact me about it if i was not detained at all?

CdwJava

Yes, they can still contact you. There's nothing you can do to prevent or forestall anything that might happen. If they contact you, speak to an attorney first.

- Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">