• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is this a contract or not?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

Song

Last Dec 12, I was involved in purchase of new truck for my wife. When my wife signed the contracts, the salesmen refused to give her copies of the contracts at that time. (the contracts were signed at my wife's business late in the evening) The salesman said that he had to have his boss review them before he will give her the copy. I brought the car back to the dealer next morning and I claimed there's no deal according to Colorado Law.
I still don,t have the contract in hand, they offered later date but I refused.

REGULATION 12-6-104 (3)(k)
"Disclosures required as part of a motor vehicles sales contract"
--This is like cover letter listing terms and bailment agreement.--

and here is one of 6 rules.
4) A copy of all disclosures must be given to the purchaser at the time of the consummation of the sale.
Did the contract take place or not?
Is this just a technicality? Or could they contend that?
How would the court look at this?

I really want out. Thanks.

L

lawrat

I am a law school graduate. What I offer is mere information, not to be construed as forming an attorney client relationship.

I don't think what they did was kosher. They may have tried to alter the agreement or something weird like that. Without a copy for your wife, she wouldn't be able to tell right away if anything WAS altered. As such, there was no agreement because although there was an offer and an acceptance, the lack of a contract for the vehicle implies fraud/lack of good faith. Your wife didn't accept to not having a copy of the contract- therefore, no contract.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">