• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Department of Public Safety

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ashelton1980

What is the name of your state? Alabama

OK, i posted a while back about a DUI i got....they took my physical liscense.

OK...today I got my license in the mail along with a letter from the DPS that says:

"A copy of the notice received by this dept. revealed that the affidavit was not sufficient for an administrative suspension. It is, therefore, the decision of the department not to administratively suspend your driving privilege."

What does this mean exactly outside of the obvious fact that I can drive? Is this a small glimmer of hope that I didnt "fail" the breathalyzer and that maybe I wasnt DUI? Is it any hope for ANYTHING at all?

Thanks

racer72

It is likely just a temporary repreive. Many states, including mine, have place restrictions on administrative suspensions of driving priveliges, only a judge has the authority to suspend your license. You should contact the court hearing your case and/or the state bureau that handles driver's licenses to determine exactly what you can do.

BigMistakeFl

BigMistakeFl

Yup; keep in mind that in most states, the license bureau and the court are completely different parts of the DUI process. Congrats for getting this news from the license side, but be prepared for the court to possibly take a different stance. Good luck.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">