• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

power of attorney guestion ?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

wanda0060

:confused: Ohio
Hello, I am power of attorney over my mother and father, I have a brother that is upset because they never ask him. The reason they don't want him is because he is a greedy person and they don't trust him with their affairs.They told me that I was honest and the wouldn't have to worry.
He said we should both be power of attorney,I told him they wanted me to take care of everything. I don't know how he did it but he come up with power of attorney papers that was notarized for my dad who has the most money coming in monthly.I ask my dad did he sign power of attorney over to him and he said no.He want me to be POA he trust me. I have been POA for about 7 months.
Is this legal? What steps should I take to stop him?:confused:

BlondiePB

:confused: Ohio
Hello, I am power of attorney over my mother and father, I have a brother that is upset because they never ask him. The reason they don't want him is because he is a greedy person and they don't trust him with their affairs.They told me that I was honest and the wouldn't have to worry.
He said we should both be power of attorney,I told him they wanted me to take care of everything. I don't know how he did it but he come up with power of attorney papers that was notarized for my dad who has the most money coming in monthly.I ask my dad did he sign power of attorney over to him and he said no.He want me to be POA he trust me. I have been POA for about 7 months.
Is this legal? What steps should I take to stop him?:confused:
Have dad draft a paper that revokes brother's POA, and call the Attorney General to report brother. The AG's office usually has a local branch with a Senior Crime's division.

lwpat

You need to file your POA and the revocation at the courthouse. Send a copy of the revocation CRRR to your brother. Find out who notarized the paper and report them if your father did not sign.

One not so simple way is to have a dual POA where you both have to sign. You need to be sure your parents have a living will, will and health care POA.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">