• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

bipolar mom is being exploited her sleazy attorney

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

helpmymom

What is the name of your state? ca,
I have a mother who has been suffering from bipolar disease for a over 25 years. She has never admitted she has this problem. And only ocasionally takes her meds and then quits them from long periods. She has had to be forcibly admitted for the 72 hour psychiatric hold a at least 2 times when she becomes a danger to herself or others. This again became necessary when she was insisting on driving her car all night wondering the los angeles area. She was hallucinating and confused and disoriented. She was unable to operate her vehicle at one point and called a service repair to help. He quickly realized she was suffering from a mental problem and not a mechancal problem and was able to call her home. We admitted her to the psychiactric hospital our selfs. My dispicable sibling who doesn't want her well or treated so he can take advantage of her assets put her in touch with a sleazy attorney. This attorney was antagonizing the family members before the temporary conservatorship hearing. He is exploiting my mom by filing restraining orders and law suits against and eviction against the children who were trying to get her treated. The conservatorship judge allowed this parasite to represent my angry manic mom. He is running up a lot of legal fees because my Mom talks constantly. Any ideas?

tecate

What do you want done?

Who is the proposed conservator?

Do you plan on hiring your own attorney to interpret what is happening?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
What is the name of your state? ca,
I have a mother who has been suffering from bipolar disease for a over 25 years. She has never admitted she has this problem. And only ocasionally takes her meds and then quits them from long periods. She has had to be forcibly admitted for the 72 hour psychiatric hold a at least 2 times when she becomes a danger to herself or others. This again became necessary when she was insisting on driving her car all night wondering the los angeles area. She was hallucinating and confused and disoriented. She was unable to operate her vehicle at one point and called a service repair to help. He quickly realized she was suffering from a mental problem and not a mechancal problem and was able to call her home. We admitted her to the psychiactric hospital our selfs. My dispicable sibling who doesn't want her well or treated so he can take advantage of her assets put her in touch with a sleazy attorney. This attorney was antagonizing the family members before the temporary conservatorship hearing. He is exploiting my mom by filing restraining orders and law suits against and eviction against the children who were trying to get her treated. The conservatorship judge allowed this parasite to represent my angry manic mom. He is running up a lot of legal fees because my Mom talks constantly. Any ideas?
Unfortunately, if/as you fight this, it's your mom's assets that will be used to fight you...

helpmymom

how to remove parasite attorney from manic mom

Is it easy to have the court appoint an Guardian Ad Litem? Will I have to hire my own attorney to try and protect my mom and defend the law suits that will be coming from my Mom.

BlondiePB

Is it easy to have the court appoint an Guardian Ad Litem?
You need to call the probate division of the court house in the county where this is taking place.
Will I have to hire my own attorney to try and protect my mom and defend the law suits that will be coming from my Mom.
That is the court appointed conservator's job.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Check into having a Guardian Ad Litem (court appointed attorney) appointed for mom via the court.
Blondie - check the original post. A conservator has ALREADY been appointed by the court. For the moment, it's "temporary", but it's been done.

BlondiePB

Blondie - check the original post. A conservator has ALREADY been appointed by the court. For the moment, it's "temporary", but it's been done.
Yep, I do understand that & won't post details of correct info. You can ask me via PM for an explanation.

BTW, it's Arkie.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">