• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

contract

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

G

Gennifer

I signed a contract, which was negotiated,revised and reviewed by my attorney, with an LLC who's agent was to be a consultant/advisor to the general partner of a CLP, (me). In hindsight, it is extremely one sided with a termination claus that is only allowed with both parties agreeing and results in compensation to be reduced by 50%. Verbage is extremely vague as to what duties are expected by stating that all duties must be performed by consultant and/or advised by...leaving him free to do nothing but make suggestions and recieve a huge compensation. Also, my attorney represents the consultant on 'several' other cases of similar nature. On this matter he represents me. I just found out that my consultant has a history of problems in the area of development consulting. This may explain why he no longer uses his own name. Instead he uses his wife's, who is the managing member of the LLC and he is the agent. My attorney knows his past very well, but did not warn me not to enter into an agreement. Because the consultant and I do not agree on any matter I have had various reasons to contact my lawyer only to find out that he has spoken to the consultant already. This is a mess. HELP

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">