• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Why no arrest?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

shaken not stirred

My 14 year old son, Jake and his girlfriend, Sandra were at the mall when three 17 year old teenagers started harassing the Sandra.My son quickly defended his girl and his girlfriend realized these kids were just looking for trouble and convinced Jake to walk away.
Later while waiting for the bus, these same boys saw the two of them and started in on them again. My son had got very mad and stepped off the curb and spit on one of these boys. The boy punched my son in the jaw, breaking his jaw. My son fell backwards, hit the curb with the back of his head. My son was rushed to the hospital and was in a coma for 3 days. He almost died.
The police have not arrested this boy because they say my son assaulted him first by spitting on him. I am clueless as to what to do. My ex-wife thinks we should leave it alone because she doesn't want them retaliating against our son. I want this punk behind bars. Are the cops just being lazy or is this true? Spitting an assault? They provoked the whole thing?
This happened in Spokane County, Washington

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">