• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How to submit an Idea....

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

Kinikia

I have an idea or suggestion, I don't know what legal catagory this fits in. My suggestion pertains to the automobile industry. I would like to submit it to General Motors. If they use it, how would I get compensated,and what do I have to do to protect myself?
[email protected] (Illinois)

ALawyer

You'd need an agreement from them promising to pay you. BUT as they have so many ideas, from those inside and out, I doubt they'd sign any agreement as your idea may be on the drawing board and they would not want to open themselves up to a possible lawsuit.

IF however you can patent an "invention" that incorporates your idea, like the guy who invented the intermittent windshield wiper did, you'd have something you could demonstratate without fear of them stealing it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">