• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Removing a trustee

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bobp73

What is the name of your state? Florida
I need ti know how to remove my sister from being in control of my mother's estate,property,money etc. My sister is spending money like crazy and my mother just ended up in the hospital due to what I think was neglect.
There are 3 siblings involved.Myself,my brother and sister.Both my brother and me feel my sister is not doing as good of a job as needed.
Please let me know what my next steps would be

wire

I am not an attorney, but I think your terminology is all wrong and that may prevent you from getting solid answers.

Is the issue that your sister has Power of Attorney for your mother? The term "estate" while your mom is still alive doesn't make sense, and neither does "trustee" for an estate or for a live person's tangible property not in a trust.

Is this a TRUST of which your mother (and possibly others) are beneficiaries, and your sister is the trustee of that trust?

Consulting an attorney sounds like a good idea, but in order to find one to suit your concerns, some of the above should probably be sorted out. In addition, if your mother is elderly, you might want to research elder abuse laws in your state.

Good luck, and I hope my questions help get you on the right path to figure out what to do.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">