• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Breath Test, Pa Statute of Limitations

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

facciabella

What is the name of your state? Pa

I was stopped 8/13/2006 for speeding and was issued a dui.
The cops had me repeatedly do the breath test as it was not registering.
Is that normal?

Having never been in any driving, motor vehicle/dui trouble I was not aware the ramifications of a blood refusal was a 1 year loss of license.
My attorney appealed, the police lied, even gave two different stories.
I am now six months into my license loss, but still have not been back to court for the auctual dui part of it.

Is there a statute of limitations for a DUI?What is the name of your state?

FlyingRon

Is there a statute of limitations for a DUI?What is the name of your state?
Statute of limitations applies only to the commencement of prosecution. If you were charged, prosecution has been commenced (the actual date of court appearance is
immaterial).

What does your lawyer say about the delay in prosecution. As slow as many PA jurisdictions are, a year is unusual? What was the nature of your previous court appearances?

FlyingRon

When was the prelim? A few months you will get the arraignment and depending how you indicate that you will procede the trial date will be set. Has your lawyer inquired about ARD?

facciabella

The prelim was 10/2006. I went for two tests, CRN and D&A. I have been attending drug and alcohol counseling at behavior health since 1/2007.

Do I lose my license for 2 years, 1 for the blood refusal and 1 since they rate it high?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">