• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

police abuse and mis handling 911 situation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

Betty Anderson

I live in a small rural community Trail, MN now because of the situation that happened in my home in another close by rural neighborhood, Clearbrook,MN,Clearwater County. I have lived there for a good number of years. My husband attacked me and I had to call 911. The officers who responded after hearing the details, told me that I would have to get dress and pack some necessary things and leave and my mother, father had been living with my husband and my self (father died May 23, 1999)for the past four years,and mother would have to go also. My mother who is also ill, conjestive heart failure would have to leave, when I asked them why we had to leave they told me "That I was the one who called 911". The reason they moved in with us from Oklahoma because they couldn't take care of themselves any longer. My husband invited them. In the effort to be brief I've just hit on the highlights. My question is: In these small communities the sheriff's office routinely mis-handles more than my case and My husband has been issued several court orders that he just thumbs his nose at. The office of the sheriff leaves it up to his discrection which parts of the order he chooses to follow. I can not get any enforcement of the exact orders of the Judge,from law enforcement. I have been told that in any other town he would be in jail for any or all of the thing he has done. My lawyer tells me that this is at the discretion of the officers who they ask to leave the siuation and how they handle the Judges orders. I thought a Judges orders was supposed to be fullfilled to the letter by the law by the enforcement agency. I am told here that I have no legal recourse to do this and I can not sue this office for mis treatment, I was the one that need help and they put me out of my home instead of my abuser, caused me dire financial and emotional distress as I am on nerve treatment and my mother has been in and out of the hospitol and the financial mess they have created by making us re-locate with out any household items has forced me into bankruptcy and I am on disability $500.00 a month so I get my groceries at the food shelf, I am in jepordy of having my utilitiy services disconnected my checks are questionable and that is my only way to survive at present because my credit cards are maxed out due to having to use them to servive. I have a legal aid attorney and that is some help. He say essiently The judges orders of my husband paying me temporary maintance is not worth the paper it is written on. That the warning of going to jail or being fined or both, if he violates these orders is a joke and I'm foolish to believe that this would ever happen. We have a cattle farm and a number of assets, he has recently sold the calves, leased a extended cab 4X4 93 Ford pickup, purchased a cell phone and eats steak for dinner. I don't know where to turn I have e-mailed everyone that I can, oh also there was a matter of elder abuse charges that they just let ride and passed back and forth as well as a child abuse charge, same, until I ran out of any way to persue it. They think they have goten away with all thes things and essienctly they have unless through the computer I can find some leagal recourse.
I ahve tried to brieflly explain and hope I have provided enough information. Is there any hope for help or any recourse for me. I'v been dealing with this since the day it started June 20, 2000. The sheriff's offices in these small towns need to be educated and not go by who they know as to what determination of the law they make and they need to have some kind of repremand when they don't follow the law, we have to. I asked for an investigation of this matter and the report they filled, suprise, did not resemble anything that went on that day. It distorted all the facts in their favor but then I expected that didn't I. The only word I have to back me up is my son was listening on the phone as I was afraid for my life so he heard it all. My husband did all this to protect his 37 year old , bed weting ,pot smoking,can't act adult and restrain himsel, child moslesting son from going to jail because of his inaproperate behavior with my 14 year old grand-daughter. Fear. So I and my life I had worked hard to build is just expendable. Should I just accept the fact the the cops are God and let them ruin my life or do I have any recourse?

[Edited by Betty Anderson on 01-20-2001 at 09:50 AM]

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">