• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Friend's DWI turning into lawsuit about other friends parents NY

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jjl66

ok here is a brief recap of the night. my friend and i are both 19. i had a bottle of jagermeister that i brought home from college and while my mom was out (against her knowledge) my friend and i began to drink. I witnessed him take 3 standard shots and i told him that he was cut off because he was to drive us to a friend's (we'll call her sally) house where we would continue to drink and end up sleeping there. However i had to take a phone call while home and my friend (we'll call him bob) may have had more alcohol to consume but at the time i did not know this. so he drove slightly under the influence to sally's house where he drank much more and left with out telling anyone. on his way home he hit a parked car, the cops came, he got arrested.

sally's parents are high up in the board of education for the local public school district and bob's dad decides to file a lawsuit against her parents claiming that they knowledgebly let underage kids drink at their home for the past three years (untrue). Also part of their case is the statement that bob had nothing to drink before arriving at sally's home (also untrue). Sally's dad notified me that the school board lawyer is going to contact me about the knowledge i have that bob was drinking before arriving and about her parents knowledge of underage drinking in their home.

In giving my account of the night to sally's dad's lawyer, is there anyway i will be incriminating myself with the evidence, or making myself or mother vulnerable to a lawsuit?

BL

So you are underage drinking with other underage drinkers .

You brought the alcohal , but do not want to be accoutable for it ?

What do you supose the others are willing to tell ?

The Lawyer ( if good ) will know the best ways to handle issues .

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">