• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Misdemeanor Trespassing

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Cal093

Hello.
At The Time Of This Incident I Lived In Florida.
When I Was 17, I Was Aressted On A Misdemeanor Trespassing Charge For Being On Middle School (6-8) Grounds At Around 9:00 PM.
Not Long Afterwards, I Turned 18, Yet Still Never Went To Court, Avoiding It Completely.
I Could Have Just Done Community Service, But I Had My Reasons For Not.
It Took Awhile, But They Eventually Stopped Trying To Serve Me Papers.
That Was About 4 Years Back, & I Have No Problem Telling This Story Now Thanks To The Good Ole' Statute Of Limitations, However, If They Had Been Able To Get A hold Of Me, What Is The Worst Thing They Could Have Done? Could I Have Served Jail Time, Or Would It Have Gone Away With A Simple Fine?
That's My Question.

justalayman

That Was About 4 Years Back, & I Have No Problem Telling This Story Now Thanks To The Good Ole' Statute Of Limitations,
what makes you think the statute of limitations has any applicability here?

You have already been charged. The SOL stopped running regarding the crime.

Chances are there is a bench warrant out there for FTA simply waiting to be served.

Cal093

what makes you think the statute of limitations has any applicability here?

You have already been charged. The SOL stopped running regarding the crime.

Chances are there is a bench warrant out there for FTA simply waiting to be served.
All I Wish To Know Is If Had Been Apprehended For This, What Would Most Probably Be The Least And Most Thing They Could Have Done About It?
I Just Would Like To Know If This Was/Still Is A Jail Worthy Offense.

P.s. Not Sure If I Mentioned it, but I was charged as a minor.

justalayman

it would have totally up to the courts, especially as a minor. Chances of incarceration would have depended a great deal on your previous record and the total situation.

Now you have an adult FTA warrant running around out there. If apprehended on that, you are good for a night in jail, at least.

it seems a 1st degree misdemeanor (I believe the applicable level of crime) has up to 1 year punishment and 2nd degree has 60 days

Ozark_Sophist

Capitalizing tHe fIrst lEtter oF eVery wOrd iS hArd tO rEad. You have a warrant for failure to appear. Although you were charged as a juvenile, you still have jail time. In some jurisdictions, failure to appear is punishable by up to a year in jail.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">