• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Choosing my own high school

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

inquisitive2

This may sound like a trivial matter, and to some extent it is. I am 16 and currently attend a free public magnet high school run by the county. As a rising junior in New Jersey, i wish to return to my home district school, or the one that i would normally attend. However, my parents are against that. At what age in New Jersey am i able to make the choice between returning to my normal public school from the public school i currently attend?
I appreciate any help i can recieve. Thank you.

CourtClerk

At 18 and (presumably) when you're on your way to college can you choose the school you attend. Until then (and then only if your parent's aren't footing the bill) you go to school where your parents want you to go.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">