• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can tax refund be sent to third party? Calif

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Calif
Can I have my joint state and federal tax refund sent directly to an account other then mine or my husbands?
I need to borrow the money and pay the accountant before he will finish our taxes. I would like the money to go directly to the account of the person the money was borrowed from.
Also, when is the deadline for filing (with extension)?
My daughter is eligible for a Cal and Federal Grant but must meet the filing deadlines. I am trying desperately to get the taxes filed before the deadline ends.
Thankyou

FlyingRon

The extension is good for 6 months (hence October 15).

I do not believe that an individual can direct deposit to an account that is not in your name (you can however split the deposit across up to three accounts). A tax preparer can redirect the payment to their account (this is how refund anticipation loans work) but I don't think that is what you are after either.

abezon

I believe the IRS will send the direct deposit anywhere you tell them. However, most banks won't accept it unless your name's on the account.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">