• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

with a parent consent is it ok for a 13 year old to have sex with a 18 year old?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

blondemoments78

What is the name of your state? OH

My 13 year old niece met this 18 year old online and my sister went over to ny to get home for her and brought him home. He is living with them. And I found out that she is allowing them to have sex. Is that legal? Can I stop this before my niece becomes prego? My sister thinks age doesnt matter and she is more of a friend to her daughter then a parent. I really need to know what I can do legally before it is to late my family thinks she is insane.
Thanks in advance:confused:

CourtClerk

My 13 year old niece met this 18 year old online and my sister went over to ny to get home for her and brought him home. He is living with them. And I found out that she is allowing them to have sex. Is that legal? Can I stop this before my niece becomes prego? My sister thinks age doesnt matter and she is more of a friend to her daughter then a parent. I really need to know what I can do legally before it is to late my family thinks she is insane.
It is illegal for your sister to prostitute out her 13 year old baby girl. If you don't have DSL or cable service, please get off the computer and contact CPS. If you do have one of the aforementioned, please make your phone call while you continue reading through the forums.

Your neice needs to be protected, and your sister needs to be prosecuted.

§ 2907.04. Unlawful sexual conduct with minor.

(A)No person who is eighteen years of age or older shall engage in sexual conduct with another, who is not the spouse of the offender, when the offender knows the other person is thirteen years of age or older but less than sixteen years of age, or the offender is reckless in that regard.

(B)Whoever violates this section is guilty of unlawful sexual conduct with a minor.

(1) Except as otherwise provided in divisions (B)(2), (3), and (4) of this section, unlawful sexual conduct with a minor is a felony of the fourth degree.

(2) Except as otherwise provided in division (B)(4) of this section, if the offender is less than four years older than the other person, unlawful sexual conduct with a minor is a misdemeanor of the first degree

Last edited:

blondemoments78

well my family already called CPS once

my famiy called CPS once on this boy living with them and they said with parents consent they couldnt do anything. If what you said is true why didnt CPS do something about it. Also my niece wasnt in school for the whole year my sister said she was being homeschooled but wasnt. we called on that too and she went to court for that and they told her if my niece misses a home work assignment she will go to jail. and my sister doesnt want the family to get custody of her if she does but by law family will be first. I need to get my niece away from her right away and what you said is true she is putting her daughter on the market and it is crazy. My sister is insane. My sister disown the whole family cause of this boy. We want my niece in a safe place away from this boy and her mom. I love my sister but my niece is the most important thing in the world to me.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Did your family tell CPS that the 13 year old was having sex with the 18 year old? I'm betting not.

LIVING with them, with parental consent, is one thing. Allowing them to have sex in violation of the law is something very different.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
In Cleveland a month or so ago, two mothers were also convicted of allowing a 19 year old to have sex with a 12 year old. Not only was the 19 year old convicted of a crime and a registered sex offender but so are the mothers of both of them. What your sister is doing is illegal. If she wants to lose custody and spend time in prison and be a registered sex offender tell her to keep it up.

HomeGuru

**A: yes, you can stop it. Stay tuned for answers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">