• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Consent for medical/dental treatment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

happycat

What is the name of your state? OR
What age can a minor give consent for medical/dental treatment? ( I am talking about a teenager that is 16 years old.) I know a minor can have an abortion and get birth control at the age of 14 without a parent's consent, so what age do they need to be to see a dentist or a medical doctor without their parent being in the room with them?

The Occultist

Without the parent being in the room? Well, this may not actually be too helpful since I'm not from the same state as you, but I've been getting dropped off outside of doc/dentist offices as early as 6 years old. The staff didn't seem to mind as long as I had the co-payment with me. Have you tried calling a doctor or dentist and asking them? I'm sure that would be something they would know.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
I was told by a doc in NH (again, not the same state as you) that at 14 certain privacy issues come into play and it is up to the child at that point. I agree that calling the doctor would make the most sense.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">