• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Why fight for a wet reckless?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

CA DUI

What is the name of your state? CA

Was arrested for misdemeanor DUI with PAS 0.12 but not calibrated for over 90 days (my lawyer says must be calibrated every 10 days). He says we have an outside chance at getting a wet reckless. What are the benefits of a wet reckless versus pleading guilty to the DUI?

Thanks in advance.

outonbail

What is the name of your state? CA

Was arrested for misdemeanor DUI with PAS 0.12 but not calibrated for over 90 days (my lawyer says must be calibrated every 10 days). He says we have an outside chance at getting a wet reckless. What are the benefits of a wet reckless versus pleading guilty to the DUI?

Thanks in advance.
The difference is somewhere around five thousand dollars on up, when you consider that you will not lose your license and not have to attend alcohol classes and not have to have your insurance rates go through through roof etc.

Actually, now that I think of it, some counties do have a wet reckless class you will have to take. However it is not nearly as costly or extensive as the DUI class and you will still be able to drive there since you will not lose your license. It can depend on what the county you were arrested in has in the way of programs.

But all in all, if you can get away with the wet reckless, do it!

Last edited:

CdwJava

Additionally, a "wet reckless" *(per CVC 23103.5) is also a priorable DUI. In other words, if you get arrested again for another DUI in the future that new arrest would be your SECOND DUI.

- Carl

outonbail

Additionally, a "wet reckless" *(per CVC 23103.5) is also a priorable DUI. In other words, if you get arrested again for another DUI in the future that new arrest would be your SECOND DUI.

- Carl
Which is why they include the term "WET" on the reckless violation.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">