• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

!4 year old in trouble

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

futballdad

What is the name of your state? KS

I have a 14 yr old son whom is currently living with his mom. His mom and I were divorced in 11-04. We have 3 children together. We have joint custody of the children but unfortunately because of my nationality and I was allegedly verbally abusive to my oldest daughter (before anyone pass judgement..my ex was at the time allowing my daughter befriending a man twice my daughters age and I was going through a rough time-divorce) and the possibility that I would kidnapped my children and ran off to my home country...I was only allowed supervised visit and calls. I have since remarried and working to get my wife from my native country as I am now naturalized.

A recent turn of event has made me more confident that I can have my son living with me again. He was caught sexually abusing his younger sister. His court hearing is next Wednesday. I'm a little hesistant hiring a lawyer as the last experience was sour as my parental rights was taken away. His counselor/therapist strongly recommends that I hire a lawyer and try to get him out of the house and live with me. Frankly money is tight and I'm trying to sponsor my wife coming to USA. I may have to borrow some money from the bank....and hopefully able to find a good lawyer nearby....central KS.

What will happen to my son, he is now living under the same roof with my younger daughter and is considered dangerous to her? I'm a little worried that he may be moved to a place no one want their child to grow up living in.

What are my chances to get residency of my son? I really pray that the court would award me his reseidency.

PS. My ex refuses to let me talk to my children and is currently in contempt as I have missed my monthly telephone call for last month. I'm totally in the dark as to what is going on. She refuses to answer my calls nor returning my texts.

Last edited:

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
I'm surprised he hasn't already been removed from the home - your poor daughter. Interesting how you seem to show no concern for her well-being (or the other daughter's).

As for your son - what plan do you have to get him the help he so obviously needs?

you should be much more worried for your daughter living in that house instead of where your son will reside. your son needs help for his issues and maybe u should let the court system take care of him and worry for your daughter who i am sure is having a set of her own issues that she needs help with

Beanie711

You have got to be kidding me.... Your son has sexually abused his sister--your daughter--and you're excited because you think this means he'll get to live with you?!?!

Your son needs help and I hardly think that moving in with you will be the solution. While a fathers love is good, you need to realize he needs counseling... NOW. He is 14 and he's doing this! And what would your daughter think if she knew you were excited to have your son in the house because he sexually abused her??

I change my response... you BOTH need counseling.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">