• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

contract

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

brac87

I live in Mississippi and recently discontinued a business relationship with an individual business owner. We had a contract which stipulated that upon termination I would return company materials (2 manuals) I had used to perform duties of the job. I was instructed to return those company materials to a 3rd party by the company owner. Now the owner states that I need to return the materials to him, and is withholding my wages for work I performed in December 2000.

My contract stated that I would be paid on the 15th of each month; the owner sent out new contracts to other individuals (and myself) in December saying that due to financial constraints, wages would be paid on the 20th of each month, beginning January 2001. I did not sign the contract since I would not be working for this individual in 2001.

Can this individual legally withhold my wages for December?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">