• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need some advice as to what I should do?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state? ohio

my 17 yr old son who is a bit slow but not legally mentally challanged was involved in 2 robberies not of his own choosing to do (he was threatened by my daughters ex that he would hurt my daughter and her baby if my son didnt go with him) he didnt know the guy was going to do these robberies the guy just jumped two people why him and my son were walking around on 2 days in a row. 2 days after all this my daughter went into premature labor and as soon as my son heard that she was in the hospital and that the guy couldnt get to her he got away from the guy and called the cops and turned himself in and showed them where the guy had hid everything and has done nothing but cooperated with the police in this matter. my son spent 35 days in juvi and then was released on home arrest and has been on that now for over 2 months. yesterday i received a subpoena from the defense for my son to testify for this idiot. why i have no clue cuz my sons testimony could only harm this jerks case. my sons public defender is out of town and i placed a call to the attorney who is covering his cases but have not received a call back as of yet and probably wont right away seeing as it is the public defenders and they have a ton of clients. what i was wondering is on the subpoena it says for me to call the defense attorney when i received the subpeona. should i call now or wait until i speak to the public defender? ty in advance for any help

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Your son has a subpoena which is a court order requiring him to testify. If your son wishes to speak to his attorney before calling that is his option.

ty for taking the time to look at my post and i know its a subpeona and that he must appear in court on that date my question was should i wait for the public defender to call me back before i call the defendents attorney cuz on the top of the subpeona it says to call him before we appear. should i wait and see what the pd says to do or should i just go ahead and call the lawyer?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
ty for taking the time to look at my post and i know its a subpeona and that he must appear in court on that date my question was should i wait for the public defender to call me back before i call the defendents attorney cuz on the top of the subpeona it says to call him before we appear. should i wait and see what the pd says to do or should i just go ahead and call the lawyer?
He should decide whether or not to consult his defense counsel prior to speaking to the other attorney. But, why "wait". He should get in touch with the PD TOMORROW...

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
And mom you need to step back out of this. Your 17 year old needs to deal with this. Most likely the attorney will NOT speak to you anyway.

im sry but the last time i looked 17 yrs old was still considered a minor child unless of course this has changed which im not aware of. and his lawyer has been talking to me rite along and why wouldnt he once again i state my son is a minor so its my duty as his parent to protect his interest and do whats best for him while having him own up to his end.my son also has slight mental problems although he is not what would be referred to as mentally challanged just a bit slow. thats what got him in this trouble to begin with.he has owned up to his part in this and has cooperated fully with the police. he has done all that is asked of him and is going to testify to help put the adult who was behind all this in jail. and he is more worried about helping them put this guy away so that this guy dont get out and hunt his sister(my daughter) down and kill her which he has threatened to do then he is worried about what will happen to him.now the defense lawyer for this guy has sent my son subpeona and on the top it says to contact him before we appear in court. my question was should i wait for the public defender to call me back so i can tell him what is going on before i call the defense attorney for this other guy? i went through this again cuz it seems the ones answering it arent getting the question im asking

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">