• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Short term Disability

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sbrz06

What is the name of your state? Wisconsin.

I am currently 7 months pregnant. My Doctor suggested me for bed rest. But i do not have short term disability. I mean my employer won't provide that. I cannot afford to go for bed rest for 12 or 14 more weeks. I mean until and after the birth of my baby. Are there any individual short term disability plans or companies available. I can even pay little bit more deductible or premium. Please if any knows any information about tis question drop a suggestion.

Thankyou much

moburkes

What is the name of your state? Wisconsin.

I am currently 7 months pregnant. My Doctor suggested me for bed rest. But i do not have short term disability. I mean my employer won't provide that. I cannot afford to go for bed rest for 12 or 14 more weeks. I mean until and after the birth of my baby. Are there any individual short term disability plans or companies available. I can even pay little bit more deductible or premium. Please if any knows any information about tis question drop a suggestion.

Thankyou much
Honey, no company is going to collect, say $100 in premium, and then offer you disability payments of several hundred dollars a month.

No, there is no disability policy available for you at this time. Apply for food stamps and welfare benefits. You are also probably eliglble for WIC.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Sadly enough, I have to agree. Even if you found a company that would sell you a policy at this time, it would almost certainly have a pre-existing clause that would exclude coverage for your pregnancy or any related conditions.

Employers in your state (and in 44 other states) are not required to provide disability benefits. But do you have vacation or sick time that could pick up part of the slack?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">