• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Multiple charges

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

SC

Son,18 is stopped for speeding doing 70 in a 50.Officer asked him if he can search car in which he obliged because he thought he had nothing to hide.Officer found an apparently empty beer bottle which son owned up to,however it had been in car for several weeks and son told him he had not been drinking at all.He was given breath test 2 times and officer didn't say anything but "okay'. There was still another passenger in vehicle and officer found small box with small ammount of marijuana under passenger seat.My son knew nothing of this and denied ownership(by the way,the vehicle is in my name if that compounds issues here),Son gave officer name of a recent passenger that he thought he may belong to.Now,son was arrested on 1.open container2.DUI(he wasn't drinking) 3.under influence of controlled substance.Officer also gave hime 3 different tickets to reflect the above citations.I had to bail him out on a $500/$500/$200 bonds. The officer said for parents to call him later to work something out. My questions are;
1.How can he prove the dope wasn't his or does he have a chance.
2.Why DUI-he wasn't drinking
3.Since he was issued traffic citations does this mean it may not be entered on the NIC( the police computer bulletin board or whatever that thing is)
4.BIG????: never been arrested for DUI or marijuana but he is on a 3 year probation in another county for a 2nd degree theft..( he is on Youthful Offender status).What are the possibilities of getting out of this without getting probation revoked.???

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">