• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

can dpoa be revoked from wife if father is incapacitated?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cafelaboheme

What is the name of your state? wa
my fathers wife of 8 yrs got dpoa after my dad was deemed incapacitated and the family wants him to be moved to a closer assisted living center.He is in late stage altzhiemers .....she has also changed his last will and taken over all his affairs.She has gotten rid of all his money and has applied to dshs for state aid to pay for this facility and had him put there on an emergency basis on the basis that he is violent.She has abused him neglected him and abandoned him.we dont want money we want him to not die alone and want him to be close to us.Is it too late to get some control at all?

cafelaboheme

yes she got dpoa after incompetence

my father was legally incapacitiated when she took him to the attorney at the advise of his dr to get control over EVERYTHING.NOW WHAT?She led me to believe that she would allow me to come stay with them and help until dads death to keep me from doing anything making me think she would work with the family and has totaly ignored all our requests to have him moved closer to us instead getting an emergency order to have him put in a assisted living special altzhiemer unit under the pretence he is violent ,im sure she planned the way it would all play out.what now?oh my god im so destraught with no finances to get an attorney ive been on the phone for a solid week trying to get answers to how to go about this mess.

BlondiePB

my father was legally incapacitiated when she took him to the attorney at the advise of his dr to get control over EVERYTHING.
You were at that doctor's appointment and heard the physician state this?

cafelaboheme

wife got dpoa

No i wasnt present so i dont really know whats going on but i spoke with his caseworker that they assigned to him and she indicated that the wife has poa**************how would i find out anything at all where do i look where do i look?does anyone know what is considered public knowledge?i dont know anything for sure other than what the caseworker told me and indicated that she had poa and because she is his wife that she can do what she wants.what kind of a system do we have here?what kind of a free country is this when anyone can take over a persons whole life?without help from his blood family this is a CRIME in my book!but not according to the law Can anyone help me find out where to look to know the facts?please help thank you and god bless!

BlondiePB

No i wasnt present so i dont really know whats going on but i spoke with his caseworker that they assigned to him and she indicated that the wife has poa**************how would i find out anything at all where do i look where do i look?does anyone know what is considered public knowledge?
Without the legal authorization to do so, you cannot obtain records that are not public records (i.e. medical records).
i dont know anything for sure other than what the caseworker told me
Did the caseworker tell you your father is neglected, abandoned & abused?
and indicated that she had poa and because she is his wife that she can do what she wants.
Not true.
what kind of a system do we have here?what kind of a free country is this when anyone can take over a persons whole life?without help from his blood family this is a CRIME in my book!but not according to the law
Elder abuse is a crime.
Can anyone help me find out where to look to know the facts?please help thank you and god bless!
As stated in my first reply, consult an attorney that specializes in guardianships in the county where dad is domiciled.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">