• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Forced to Join

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

Simple_Indian

What is the name of your state? New York

I was recently convicted of a DUI. I was given probation for 3 years. My PO sent
me a letter asking me to join a Drug rehab program. I went there and gave my tests
and paid them 70 dollars and thought that was it.They called me next morning saying
my insurance does not cover thier services and it's goin to cost me $1375 for next 8 weeks.
Is there a way I can ask my PO to send me to a different rehab center as I cant afford to pay them that kind of money.Is it advisable to reason with my PO stating financial hardship. I am ready to go thru any program but where I dont have to pay that much money.

xylene

Conflicting info...

Your title says "forced to"...

But the body says "asked to"

What exactly are the terms of your sentence? Do you even know?

S

Simple_Indian

Probation Question

I have not been sentenced yet. I just plead guilty recently.
I will be sentenced on 11th september.
My lawyer says they will give me fines,revocation for 6 months
and 3 years probation.:(

BL

There are programs that charge on a sliding scale fee of your income .

If there's no other inpatient programs available and it's too costly , perhaps your PO will be acceptable to outpatient treatment .

My PO sent
me a letter asking me to join a Drug rehab program. I went there and gave my tests
and paid them 70 dollars and thought that was it.They called me next morning saying
my insurance does not cover thier services and it's goin to cost me $1375 for next 8 weeks
Bring the bill/quote immediately (as in tomorrow) to your PO and thank your him/her for accepting payment for the bill. Be sure to hug him/her and yell at the top of your lungs, "I've been saved...THANK YOU....<insert name>!"

After that, they'll find a more suitable rehab that you can afford.

Stop being the victim, and start taking charge of YOUR future.

S

Simple_Indian

It's Done

She sent me to a new place that will charge 40 dollars a week and I have to attend it for like 2 months. It is a lot cheaper;) And yes...I have always been sober**************U could call me a social drinker.....and not an addict

seniorjudge

She sent me to a new place that will charge 40 dollars a week and I have to attend it for like 2 months. It is a lot cheaper;) And yes...I have always been sober**************U could call me a social drinker.....and not an addict
This attitude is not only wrong but quite dangerous.

I hope the folks at the center explain this to you.

Print this thread and discuss this with them.

Good luck....

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">