• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How should I pay my taxes

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

atljoel

What is the name of your state? GA

I have a web based small business with one employee. Most of the work is outsourced. I'm wondering what would be the smartest way to file my taxes for the year. Should I itemize? Should my employee file w4, or 1099? Please help me.

abezon

When you have an employee, YOU must file quarterly employment taxes & withhold taxes from the employee's paycheck. I strongly caution you against declaring your employee to be an independent contractor to avoid having to deal with payroll issues -- it's becoming a favorite IRS audit target, & the penalties are nasty if you claim someone is an independent contractor & the IRS disagrees. Consult a payroll service. For a small fee, they can figure out your payroll issues & file your 940, 941, SDI, & state returns.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">