• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Emancipation or devorcing parents?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

danielritter

What is the name of your state? Oklahoma

i have this 16year old friend female and im trying t help her get out of a abusive home. her stepdad and mother drinks all the time and even does some drugs. the step dad has hit her at least twice that i know of and i was wondering if she could get eather Emancipated or decorce her parents. cuz she dont want to get put in a frostercare home or any thing like that if she reported them. she has a part time job and when school starts back up she plans on going to school also. she has a place to go to if she moved out and she dont have any disabilitys. i was wondering if there is any info i can get on this subjest to help our case. wer trying not to let her parents to know cuz if thay did thay would flip out on her.
thanks for any help!

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Oklahoma has no laws allowing a minor to emancipate for the purpose of leaving home.

danielritter

i herd that oklahoma dont have any emancipation laws but i herd that there is still something called devorcing your parents. and i would like to kow more about that please!

moburkes

There's nothing to tell you. Your friend cannot support herself with a part time job. She cannot get a good job without a high school diploma. She can go into foster care. If her problems are her parents, then she can get "new" ones. She CANNOT just, all of a sudden, become a legal adult, and get on the welfare system to help her survive. She needs to call the police or CPS. If she has younger brothers and sisters then she needs to call for their safety.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">